Friday, March 17, 2017

And now, for the rest of the story

I remember going into the operating room and joking around with the anesthesiologist, then I was out. I remember waking up in recovery but I don't remember getting to my room. I'm sure I can thank the meds for that!  I know I walked a lap as soon as they would let me and used this little gadget as much as possible. 


After napping a while, I wanted to walk again so we did three laps. I was trying to do whatever I needed to do to get all that pent up air and gas out of me so I could feel better. At this point I was only allowed ice chips that would dissolve in my mouth. They wanted to do an upper gi with contrast the next morning so no eating or drinking before that. Let me tell you, that was the WORST dry mouth I have ever had in my life. 8:00am came and went and still no upper gi. They also took away my pain medicine button. 😞 I think they came around 10 or 11 to get me. The contrast you have to drink is horrible and the radiology tech was right when she said it tasted like lemon pledge! Then, I sat there forever waiting for transport. Eventually the sweet tech took me back to my room. Dr.Henke had been there so they let him know I was back. He announced that there were no leaks and now I could order lunch off of the liquid diet menu. I wanted to walk again so mom walked with me for 2 laps and then a nurse was there to take my vitals.

 

Lunch was decaf hot tea, chicken broth and water. It took me forever to drink most of the tea and broth because you can only sip not gulp. It is definitely a learning experience.  Dr. Henke came back later on and said that if I tolerated dinner, I could be released. So I ordered the exact same meal and everything went fine.  We had to stay a bit longer because he had ordered a blood test and she didn't come in to take my blood until like 6:45 pm. After getting the results, I was released around 7:30 pm.  Mom dropped me off at the hotel and went on a wild goose chase for my pain meds. One drug store was closed, the next one didn't have the meds, but the third one was just right! Lol In the meantime, I was freaking out in pain. I couldn't lay down, I couldn't sit, I was just miserable. My mind had decided that this was how it was going to be forever and I was devastated. Finally, mom got back with the pain meds, I waited a bit for them to kick in, then I layed down. It still hurt a bit but I used a lot of pillows all around me to try and make it more comfortable. I put on my bi-pap, turned on the wave machine on my phone and prayed that God would help me get a much needed good nights rest! I woke up this morning extremely dizzy so this 2 hour car trip is going to be (insert sarcasm here) amazing 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment