Saturday, May 13, 2023

One month update

So Monday was the one month mark of personal training and eating healthy. I did my in body only to find that I had lost 7 pounds (good) but instead of increasing my muscle mass, I actually lost muscle mass. My trainer said I must not be eating/drinking enough protein and to just keep going!
Well, the old me kicked in. I let those results give myself permission to self-sabotage. All I heard was my dad's voice in my head, you're just going to get fat again, you aren't worth the investment. Of course I heard my own negative thoughts as well. See, no matter what you do, it's wrong. So for the rest of the week, I ate crap and I didn't workout. I gave in to the self-pity and the belief that I couldn't do it so what was the point....but, here's the good news....I'm over it now. Back to the grind. Back to believing in myself. Back to fighting for my health and my best life. Back to being a good example for my daughter. Back to ensuring I will be here for her as long as possible. Back to knowing I am worthy of good things. I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment