Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I am more than my mistakes!

If you have ever been morbidly obese, then you know all about the vicious cycle of self-sabotage that  occurs during highly stressful or hurtful times. Well I just ate a king size Reese's. Yeah, you read that right! I must be insane to eat that after everything I've been through to lose weight and get healthy. Plus, to top it off, I feel physically horrible now! 
I'll never fully understand why we run to the things that cause us harm when we are hurting, sad, confused, lonely, rejected, or overwhelmed.
Yes it brought me a little comfort for about 5 minutes and then I instantly started regretting it, thinking in my head, yep...the naysayers were right about you! You don't have what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle. You are weak! You have no willpower! You're a loser!
But you know what, SCREW THAT!  I made a mistake but I will now learn to immediately get back on track. I will not let this tiny detour define my story. I'm human. I messed up. But that's over now so on to doing what I know to be good and healthy for me. One mistake doesn't define me. I still have fight left in me. I can conquer this! It will NOT conquer me!
So just remember that in life, we all make mistakes. We have to learn to forgive ourselves and move forward. Don't let a tiny detour take you off course forever. Get back on track and really forgive yourself. We are all human. We make mistakes. I choose to change how I react to them from now on. What about you?  Check out this song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you...proud that you realized the mistake, didn't let it keep you down forever, and got right back up, because I've seen how determined you've been through this adventure. You've been an extreme fighter in this war, and you weren't going to let this one mistake destroy all of the battles you've been through and won!!!! This isn't an easy task by any means, but you've amazed me through it all!

    ReplyDelete