I'm finished with the first week of pureed food and I'm still trying to get the hang of not eating and drinking at the same time. Also, sipping water for me is so hard because I always guzzled it down before.
Oh, and the chewing. I think I'm chewing forever because before I just wolfed everything down, but apparently I am not taking enough time to really chew my fat-free mozzarella cheese because sometimes that makes my stomach hurt, too, and it's on the pureed list. Maybe I should shred it.
Life changes are hard.
I'm kind of under the weather today and just really sluggish. I hope this doesn't last. I'm so ready to feel normal again. I can't wait for the days when I will have a ton of energy and I'm off all my meds. The day when I can say I no longer have type II diabetes, I no longer have high blood pressure. Oh and the night I can finally sleep without my bi-pap machine...these are the things that keep me going.
I'm struggling today, but it will all be worth it one day! I just need to keep remembering why I did this and the long-term benefits I will have when I'm successful.
One day at a time, shoot, one 4 oz. meal at a time in my case!

No comments:
Post a Comment